I have the book 14,000 Things to Be Happy About, by Barbara Ann Kipfer. If I'm having a bad day, I read a page, and it always makes me smile. I recommend it. I don't have a list of 14,000 things, but here are 14 of mine:
- Christmas cactus that blooms at Thanksgiving and Easter
- Sharing a driveway with our great neighbors, Eric and Nancy (We're having dessert with them for Thanksgiving.)
- The way my father can talk to anybody
- Orthodox Christian icons of Jesus
- My hundred-year-old piano
- The Bible with my name in gold letters that my grandparents gave me
- Fall vegetables from the farm stand
- Inter-library loan
- The youth at my church
- Chrysler Imperial rose (Yes, named after the car. Deep red. My mother's favorite rose.)
- Art made by friends
- Cappuccino with a decorative swirl on top
- Turkey (especially leftover)
- The hymn "Now Thank We All Our God"
Why don't you start your own list?
Get the free mini-course, "Five Ways to Avoid Burnout in Ministry" at http://margaretmarcuson.com/.