Radio Stations: Add Day1 to Your Schedule
Why add "Day1"?
- "Day1" is the only national, religious mainline radio program available. Each week we present a compelling sermon by and interviews with an outstanding preacher from one of the historic Protestant churches. "Day1" enables you to serve the many people in your community who are members of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA), Presbyterian Church (USA), the Episcopal Church, the United Methodist Church, the United Church of Christ, the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship, Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), American Baptist Churches, and other mainline denominations.
- "Day1" has been on the air every week since 1945. Formerly called the Protestant Hour, it is the best known mainline religious program in the country. We are now carried by about 200 AM and FM stations.
- "Day1" is well known for its high production values. We have won numerous awards for production and program excellence, including the Peabody Award. Program directors love our professional, polished production.
If you are a radio station looking for new programming, add a powerful, proven program that attracts a strong, faithful audience every week! The weekly Day1 interdenominational radio program has been nourishing the spirit, strengthening faith, and building community since 1945.
Day1: A Unique Program for a Broad Audience
There's no other radio program like Day1. It's more than just one preacher, or one church, or even one denomination. This interdenominational, half-hour program serves the broadest audience possible, including the more than 20 million members of the denominations who work together to produce it: The Cooperative Baptist Fellowship, the Episcopal Church, the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, the Presbyterian Church (USA), the United Church of Christ, the United Methodist Church, Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), American Baptist Churches, and others.
Listeners are mostly age 21 plus. Most consider themselves mainline Christians with many from professional ranks. Listeners are equally male and female and the audience is racially proportionate to the U.S. population.
A Powerful Format with a Personal Impact
Each weekly program features a gifted speaker from one of our participating denominations bringing a message of faith and hope based on the Bible.
An engaging interview segment with host Peter Wallace introduces the speaker and probes the meaning of the Bible passages from which he or she will preach. A brief follow-up segment explores ways the listeners can experience the truths shared in their daily lives. As a result, each program speaks personally to every listener.
A Proven Resource with a Distinguished History.
Day1 is a proven resource: It's been produced every week since 1945, winning numerous awards in the process, including the Communicators Award of Excellence, the New York Radio Festival award, the Los Angeles Religion in Media Angel Award, and the prestigious George Foster Peabody Award for excellence in broadcasting.
But the most rewarding response to Day1 comes from listeners who are thankful for the inspirational messages. Letters, phone calls and emails come from business people, college students, church leaders, prisoners, military personnel, shut-ins...people from all walks of life. They listen at home, in their car, while jogging--it's become part of their weekly routine.
- Available in both 30-minute and 25-minute formats.
- Formerly called "The Protestant Hour"
- Program available for broadcast in any day part (Sunday morning preferred).
- Distributed license-free.
- Available by .mp3 file download via FTP site (contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information).
- Program can be sponsored by local churches, ministerial associations, denominational judicatories, businesses, or organizations. Contact our Executive Producer for a list of local churches of our six denominations in your broadcast area and additional information.
For a sample of our broadcast, you can listen to the weekly program on our website.
For more information, please contact
Peter Wallace, Executive Producer and Host
2715 Peachtree Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30305
Phone: (404) 815-0258
Please Note for Affiliate downloads:
In order to assure you the best service, we now require that you have your own Day1 radio station account in order to access online downloading of affiliate programs. Please email us at email@example.com with your station information and email address so we can set up an account for you. Thank you!
What Program Directors Are Saying:
"Thanks again for making Day1 available to us. The messages are always timely and thought-provoking, and the production is top-notch. Blessings on your continued good work." –North Carolina
"Day1 is a valuable part of our Sunday morning religious broadcasting. The message each week has been so incredibly powerful and the response from our listeners has been positive." —Texas
"I deeply appreciate what you do with the Day1 program—the quality of the content, the professionalism in production, and your passion to reach the lost for Christ. Thank you.” —California
"Day1 is enjoyed in our area very much." —North Carolina
"Excellent programming." —Georgia
"Super. I like the format; the program is very professionally done. I enjoy listening too." —New York
"A well-produced program. I am pleased to air it." —Wisconsin
"I sure appreciate your program. There is such strength in diversity." —North Dakota
"Your program is the best produced half hour we air on our station." —Alabama
"Your program is a major part of the improvement in our weekend sound. Day1 is a winner, keep it going!" —Oklahoma
"I appreciate the excellent, long-term relationship that we have with you and Day1… We are honored to have your program." —Georgia