Day1 is the voice of the mainline Protestant churches, presenting outstanding preachers from the mainline Protestant denominations, including the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship, the Episcopal Church, Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), United Church of Christ, United Methodist Church, and others. Our website features an extensive library of lectionary-based sermons in text and audio, video resources, and helpful blog posts, along with other helpful information for lay persons and pastors.
Day1 began broadcasting in 1945 as "The Protestant Hour" and has been on the air every week since, currently on more than 200 stations. Day1 is a ministry of the Alliance for Christian Media, a nonprofit mainline media ministry based in Atlanta, GA. The Alliance was created after the merger of The Protestant Hour, Inc. and the Episcopal Media Center, which was founded in 1945 and originally called The Episcopal Radio and TV Foundation. The Alliance for Christian Media has been instrumental in producing Emmy-winning TV programming such as "The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe" and "Shadowlands."
If you would like to learn more about the Alliance, feel free to visit our website at: http://www.allianceforchristianmedia.org
Day1 is a non-profit ministry supported in large part from contributions from our viewers and listeners, if you enjoy what you find here please take a moment and make a donation to help propel this ministry into the future years.
We are always looking for radio stations that might be interested in carrying Day1, but the most effective way to find them is for local folks to contact them and request it.
We hope you will consider joining together with friends at your church and in other local mainline parishes to sponsor Day1 in your community. This provides you an effective means of ministry and communication to your area while giving you the opportunity to work together with other churches to share the good news.
How to get started:
- Identify suitable radio stations. Consider stations that appeal to the audience you want to reach. Day1 is carried by AM, FM, and FM-LP stations of all programming formats.
- Work together with other local mainline Protestant congregations, judicatories, or ministerial associations (it's more effective and less costly for you).
- Contact the station(s):
- Determine financial arrangements with the station:
- Decide how you want to present your sponsorship on the air. You can:
- Call us at 1-888-411-DAY1 to provide information.
We need complete contact information for the station and the time/day they will broadcast the program.
- Work together to publicize the program in your congregations and community.
We hope you'll consider helping us in this way to proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ to your community. Many thanks for your interest in Day1!