Day1 is the only ecumenical voice in the media for the mainstream Protestant church across America and around the world. Day1 offers hope, insight and inspiration through a compelling proclamation of the Word--on radio, television, and the internet. While reaching out to seekers, the unchurched, and the homebound, it's also a valuable learning resource for numerous church members, Sunday school classes and study groups, who listen each week in preparation for their group discussions.
We seek outstanding preachers from mainline denominations from across America to preach on Day1. And we'd be honored to consider you. Your participation--once approved by our Day1 Advisory Board and staff--will give you and your church or ministry an international platform for witness through the media--and an opportunity to be part of our renowned 65-year history of ministry.
Day1 is available to listeners worldwide through a variety of platforms:
- More than 200 AM and FM radio stations from coast to coast, Canada, the Caribbean, New Zealand, and Africa.
- The Day1.org website via downloadable podcast and searchable sermon transcript archive.
- Day1 podcasts offered through iTunes and other podcast directories.
As a Day1 preacher you'll take part in three program segments:
- Crosstalk Interview: This gives listeners an opportunity to get to know you and your church, and helps prepare them for the heart of the program:
- Your Sermon (15 minutes maximum, including Scripture reading and closing prayer): We encourage use of the Revised Common Lectionary as the basis of your sermons.
- Final Thoughts: This brief follow-up interview, in which you reiterate key points and give listeners practical ideas for applying what you've preached to their daily lives, airs on most stations after the sermon.
How you can help us continue and grow:
Our organization is funded through the financial contributions of individuals and churches who believe in what we do. We ask our preachers to help us by securing funding to underwrite the production/ distribution costs in the amount of $2,500-5,000 per program. A scholarship fund has been established for worthy preachers who do not have access to funding from church budgets or individual supporters. Contact us for more information.
Underwriting provides the following to the preacher:
If you are interested in being considered as a preacher on Day1 (or would like to nominate someone), please write to us at:
644 West Peachtree Street, Suite 300
Atlanta, GA 30308
WHAT TO SEND:
Include your name, address, phone number, and email address, along with a biographical sketch or vita. Please provide at least two sermons written and preached by the candidate, recorded on cassette tape or CD (or available online), along with the sermon transcripts. In addition, five references (at least three of them clergy) must be provided for the candidate.
These materials will be submitted to members of the Day1 Advisory Board and staff for their review and a decision regarding invitation. Upon their approval, the candidate will be issued a formal invitation.
Thank you for your interest in Day1.