Why add "Day1"?
- "Day1" is the only national, religious mainline radio program available. Each week we present interviews with and a compelling sermon by an outstanding preacher from one of the mainline churches. "Day1" enables you to serve the many people in your community who are members of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA), Presbyterian Church (USA), the Episcopal Church, the United Methodist Church, the United Church of Christ, and the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship.
- "Day1" has been on the air every week since 1945. Formerly called the Protestant Hour, it is the best known mainline religious program in the country. We are now carried by about 200 AM and FM stations.
- "Day1" is well known for its high production values. We have won numerous awards for production and program excellence, including the Peabody Award.
If you are a radio station looking for new programming, add a powerful, proven program that attracts a strong, faithful audience every week! The weekly Day1 interdenominational radio program has been nourishing the spirit, strengthening faith, and building community since 1945.
There's no other radio program like Day1. It's more than just one preacher, or one church, or even one denomination. This interdenominational, half-hour program serves the broadest audience possible, including the more than 20 million members of the six denominations who work together to produce it: The Cooperative Baptist Fellowship, the Episcopal Church, the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, the Presbyterian Church (USA), the United Church of Christ, and the United Methodist Church.
Listeners are mostly age 34 plus. Most consider themselves mainline Christians with many from professional ranks. Listeners are equally male and female and the audience is racially proportionate to the U.S. population.
Each weekly program features a gifted speaker from one of our six cooperating denominations bringing a message of faith and hope based on the Bible.
An engaging interview segment with host Peter Wallace introduces the speaker and probes the meaning of the Bible passages from which he or she will preach. A brief follow-up segment explores ways the listeners can experience the truths shared in their daily lives. As a result, each program speaks personally to every listener.
Day1 is a proven resource: It's been produced every week since 1945, winning numerous awards in the process, including the 2002 and 2003 Communicators Award of Excellence, the New York Radio Festival award, the Los Angeles Religion in Media Angel Award, and the prestigious George Foster Peabody Award for excellence in broadcasting.
But the most rewarding response to Day1 comes from listeners who are thankful for the inspirational messages. Letters, phone calls and emails come from business people, college students, church leaders, prisoners, military personnel, shut-ins...people from all walks of life. They listen at home, in their car, while jogging--it's become part of their weekly routine.
- Available in both 30-minute and 25-minute formats.
- Formerly called "The Protestant Hour"
- Program available for broadcast in any day part (Sunday morning preferred).
- Distributed license-free.
- Provided on compact disc, two weekly programs per CD, two CDs per mailing. Each CD features a 30-second tagable promo for each program.
- Also available by .mp3 file download (contact us at support @ day1.org for more information).
- Most programs include one or two :60 spots you can use for local sponsorship or station use.
- Program can be sponsored by local churches, ministerial associations, denominational judicatories, businesses, or organizations. Contact our Executive Producer for a list of local churches of our six denominations in your broadcast area and additional information.
Peter Wallace, Executive Producer and Host
644 West Peachtree Street, Suite 300
Atlanta, GA 30308-1925
Email pwallace at day1 dot org